Outstanding School Initiative Award
Our school was selected to receive the ‘2019 Secretary’s Award for An Outstanding School Initiative’ Award’ for our ‘Leadership for Whole-School Improvement’ initiative.
Research shows the quality of a school’s leadership team is one of the greatest factors that assist students achieve high quality learning outcomes. Therefore, leadership development has been a major priority at Auburn North for the past 20 years.
Auburn North’s 2018-2019 ‘Leadership for Whole-School Improvement’ initiative has significantly improved the leadership capacity of the distributed leadership team of 12 members and the knowledge, skills and abilities of each member and, according to data, led to Auburn North becoming an even better and more high-performing school for students, staff, and parents.
Auburn North leaders have participated in high quality leadership development programs and initiatives including the Executive Ready Program, researching most effective leadership strategies for improved team performance, and participating in weekly workshops. Leaders have then effectively used their skills in a variety of ways including:
- assisting students with their learning in classrooms;
- regularly meeting, mentoring and coaching Auburn North teachers;
- coordinating outstanding professional learning programs for teachers;
- organising grade workshops and collaborative planning programs; and
- analysing videos of themselves teaching or their teachers teaching lessons.